Sunday, July 10, 2016

Ruby Beach


I'm looking for the quintessential Pacific Beach that is stark and desolate.  I remember dragging kelp around on this beach and playing hopscotch with the only people in the entire universe... my brothers and sisters.  Well, here it is at last.  Ruby Beach.  I find some kelp and make Paula jump as I swing it in circles.  She's too good at it.  This beach has retained it's charming desolate feeling.  You can still light a bonfire using the massive piles of driftwood.  Just be sure to follow the rules.  No bigger than a three-foot fire ring.  No closer to the main driftwood piles than 10 feet.  driftwood no bigger than 12 inches in diameter.  I wish I had brought my matches and some baby back ribs.  We'd have had a barbecue to remember!




No comments:

Post a Comment